- All Debates
- Popular Debates
- Active Debates
- New Debates
- Open Challenge Debates
- My Challenge Debates
- Accepted Challenges
- Debate Communities
- Argument Waterfall
- New People
- People by Points
Your profile reflects your reputation, it will build itself as you create new debates, write arguments and form new relationships.
Ever been to Ireland? Very Capitalist and very prosper. Maybe it has more to do with the size than the economic make up.
As well, I guess you believe that there are no rich Jews, blacks, asians, hispanics, etc.
I mean, if that were true, you'd be onto something.
I love what most of your argument is based on, cause it sucks so bad.
anyway, racism, corruption, and police brutality are all flaws of the government. Sure, it seeps it's way into the economic status, but converting from capitalism to socialism isn't somehow going to make these government issues better. It seems that all of YOUR problems with Capitalism are just based on YOUR problems with people and government.
sure, there is unfairness, but giving government more power isn't going to solve our problems.
1. Let me go over police protocol:
First of all, in order to make anything credible in court, a police officer would have to establish probable cause. A cop can't just search anyone based off of his intuition, despite what movies might say. If a cop felt that he could get drugs off of a black, he would need probable cause to search him in the first place. If not, EVERYTHING is thrown out of court. PC would be something like "DUI" or "when he opened his window a bunch of marijuana smoke hit me in the face".
Second, to approach someone at all he would need AT LEAST "reasonable situation" which must be presented in court or else that will be thrown out as well. Reasonable suspicion would be something like "hanging out behind a Wal-Mart at 3 AM".
Third, the "stop" i was referring to was a traffic stop. This is because most individual drug busts are made on traffic stops because it's usually easiest to know if they are holding or not. What happens is an officer will often become a lot more aware of his suspect if the suspect is rude or not (experience from ride alongs). pertaining to 4, it's not from racism, it's from experience.
2. Canadian Pot vs. Cocaine and Heroin all the way from Columbia going through the Mexican border... hmm. I do understand that border enforcement is needed in Canada as well, but this does not mean that Mexico needs less.
3. Your first stats compared black drop outs to white drop outs. WTF did I say about that in the first place, pertaining to if that is the case. I already rebutted the stats before they were even presented.
1. I've worked with cops for 4 years and suspicion of people is based on the attitude of the suspect. If blacks are suspected more than whites, this is because the blacks that are stopped have much ruder attitudes towards cops (I know, I've seen it first hand).
2. Drug trafficking, prostitute smuggling and even some diseases are coming MUCH MORE often through the Southern border than through the Northern border. Immigration is one of many issues when it comes to enforcing borders.
3. With the fact that African Americans have a 50% high school drop out rate, I find it very hard to believe that those who do make it through High School find it harder to get a job than a white who doesn't get a high school degree at all. This I need some kind of study done (credible, of course). If so, there could be a correlation, but correlation does not prove causation. And 1 out of so many other reasons for not being able to get a job hardly helps at all, either.
Life is built on attitude. It is safe to say that Whites have a much different presentation of respect towards another. You also have to consider environmental factors. Most white, high school drop outs live in the south where jobs are more spread out than in areas where many black drop outs live (Southern living creates many more jobs than industrial poor areas). If a Southerner drops out of high school, he can still basically work at any of the motel, hotels, inns, convenient stores, or even as a helper at a house (painter, carpenter, no one cares about credentials in the South). In ghettos and projects, it's more demanding of qualifications. Whites, as well as blacks, find it much harder to get a job in these areas if they don't have the right education for it. Plus, most jobs in industrial areas require education. And, since blacks take up only 13% of the population even less of them are going to have jobs.
So basically, once minorities can get their shit together white people will no longer be racist?
If you fail at life, it is YOUR fault. Don't try and justify yourself just because you have a different skin color.
I'm glad you brought out these statistics,though. I used to get labeled as a racist for pointing out that African Americans have a 50% high school drop out rate.
Well, the race card has always been a retarded ploy to try and suggest that black people are never at fault.
But at least they can't blame the man. Well, those like Feracon and the Black Panthers will try to say that Obama doesn't have any real power or that he's only half black; but for most, it's really hard to blame "the man" when "the man" is black.